RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

COVID-19 Information

COVID-19 updates

The latest news, updates and information from the Town of Caledon about the COVID-19 response.

Questions? email us at

The latest update on the number of cases in Caledon

On this page

Media releases and public notices

(March 24) Caledon Defers Tax Payments in Response to COVID-19

(March 24) Mayor Allan Thompson to hold virtual Town Hall March 24 at 3:00 p.m.

(March 24) Caledon to hold emergency Council session in light of COVID-19

(March 19) COVID-19 Update on Town services, facilities, programs

(March 18) COVID-19 Update: Town of Caledon declares State of Emergency

(March 13) Caledon to close facilities, cancel programs and adjust service levels in response to COVID-19

(March 12) Caledon Activates Emergency Operations Centre in light of COVID-19


Visit our special page for businesses and COVID-19:

Back to top

Town Services

The Town of Caledon continues to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic. 


The Caledon Animal Shelter is closed to the public. Pet adoptions are closed and no donations will be accepted at this time. Animal Services will continue to respond to animal related urgent concerns such as dogs and livestock at large, sick and/or injured wildlife, etc.  For more information call 905.584.2272 x. 4698. 


Until further notice, only emergency building inspections -- such as for unsafe buildings or sewage system failures -- will be conducted. (Updated March 23) 


New building permit applications are not being accepted but applications already submitted will continue to be processed. 


Municipal Law Enforcement will attend to urgent, high-priority calls. 


All branches of the library system are closed. Residents are encouraged to delay returning borrowed materials until regular services resume. Overdue fines will not be incurred during this time. On-line materials including e-books and streaming materials can be accessed via the Caledon Public Library website


Claims will continue to be adjudicated and anyone wishing to submit a claim can do so online at


Town projects are continuing, subject to external service providers. 


The Town continues to provide phone and email service through Service Caledon at 905.584.2272 x. 7750 ( Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and through


Town Hall, community centres, recreation centres and all other Town offices and buildings are closed to the public. 


Vendors will continue to be paid. 


Parking passes can be obtained online at


Playground equipment is NOT sanitized and surfaces could spread COVID-19. If parents, children, families are choosing to visit parks, practice social distancing, and wash and sanitize their hands thoroughly afterwards. (Updated March 20)


No new development applications are being accepted at present. Applications already submitted will still be processed. Any associated public meetings are cancelled until further notice.  Telephone consultations will continue. 


For non-emergency calls please contact the Caledon detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. For emergencies call 9-1-1.


All Provincial Offences Act matters scheduled from March 16 through to and including April 3, 2020 will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date. For more information visit the Ontario Court of Justice or call the Provincial Offences Administration in Caledon at 905.584.2273. 


The procurement process continues. Bids and tenders are available online at


All recreation facilities and community centres are closed. March Break camps, registered programs, and rentals are cancelled. Refunds/credits will be issued automatically by the Town. Memberships will be extended for the duration of the closure. Spring registered programs will be extended where possible and communicated through email, including refund/credit information where applicable. Residents are still able to register for programs and book facility rentals for events occurring after April 5, 2020. 


All road maintenance operations continue. Permit can still be purchased and paid for over the phone, by mail or by the drop box at Town Hall. 


In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Town is allowing the deferral of tax payments. For more information visit

A full list of online services is available at

Back to top

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is the Town still providing services?

The Town is still providing emergency response, road maintenance, enforcement and other core services.

Although staffing levels have been adjusted the Town, through Service Caledon, is providing service by phone (905.584.2272 x. 7750) and by email ( 

In addition many Town services such as tax payments, parking passes and burn permits are available online. For a list of online services visit (Updated March 19)

Q. How will you make sure that employees for the Town do not have COVID-19?

As regular Town policy, staff who are ill are strongly encouraged not to come to work. We have enhanced sanitization and cleaning protocols and staff are also following the advice of Peel Public Health to minimize the spread of COVID-19.

Back to top

Q. Where do I get the latest public health information?

Peel Public Health is the lead agency in the Region of Peel. It is working with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario, local health providers and community partners to monitor the risk and take protective actions as needed. For more information visit or call Peel Public Health at 905-584-2216. (Updated March 19)

Q. Should I get tested?

If you think you need to be tested for COVID-19, please take this self-assessment.

If you think you have 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.

Q. Where do we go to get tested for COVID-19? (Updated March 19)

If, after taking the self-assessment, you need clinical assessment,

  • Contact your primary care provider (for example, family doctor). Let them know that you have used this self-assessment tool.
  • Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 and speak with a registered nurse. Let them know that you have used this self-assessment tool.
  • Or, contact the public health unit nearest you:

Q. Where can we learn about the symptoms of COVID-19?

Please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada for information about symptoms and treatment, travel advice, how to be prepared and about Canada‚Äôs national response. 

Government websites

Government of Canada

Government of Ontario

Region of Peel Public Health

Back to top

Stay up to date

Get the latest news and information about COVID-19 from the Town of Caledon:


Follow @Your Caledon on Twitter and Facebook.


Get emergency alerts to your mobile device. Download our app


Sign up for our weekly newsletter.


Subscribe to The Business Report, the monthly newsletter from the Economic Development Office

Back to top